New Updates For Affected Family Visa Holders In Australia

March 11, 2022    Immigrationlawyers
New Updates For Affected Family Visa Holders In Australia

The Australian government has introduced many concessions for Visa holders, who got affected due to the COVID-19 pandemic restrictions. Due to the closing of the borders, several business restrictions, and economic instability, many people were impacted. Now, with COVID-19 concessions, the Visa holders can extend their visa pathway.

COVID-19 Concession List

If you have a temporary or provisional Visa as a part of the below list, you can get a COVID-19 Visa extension. This concession period had started from 1st February 2020.

The COVID-19 concessions are available for:

  • Business Innovation and Investment Permanent Subclass 888 Visa
  • Business Innovation and Investment Provisional Subclass 188 Visa
  • Skilled Regional Provisional Subclass 489 Visa
  • Skilled Work Regional Provisional Subclass 491 Visa
  • Skilled Employer-Sponsored Regional Provisional Subclass 494 Visa
  • Skilled Regional Subclass 887 Visa
  • Safe Haven Enterprise Subclass 790 Visa
  • Temporary Graduate Subclass 485 Visa

Family Visa Concession

Temporary concessions for Family Visa applicants, that were impacted by COVID-19 travel restrictions include Partner Visa, Child Visa, and Parent Visa.

Partner And Child Visa

Here are the highlights of the Partner visa Perth and Child Visa.

  • Visa applicants are allowed additional time to complete all the formalities and documentation.
  • The applicants who are looking forward to having a Partner or Child visa outside Australia but were in the country during the COVID-19 concession period can get a visa in Australia.
  • Visa applicants who made their visa application outside Australia before the end of the COVID-19 concession period, but have been in Australia during that period, will be able to have their visa granted in Australia if all the other requirements for the visa are met.
  • The applicants who were not in Australia but met the Visa grant formalities can also get the visa outside Australia.
  • It is also important to know that the applicants who visited Australia after the end of the COVID-19 concession period, cannot get a Visa while being in the country.

Visas included in the extension are:

  • Child subclass 101 visa
  • Partner subclass 309 visas.
  • Prospective Marriage subclass 300 visa
  • Adoption subclass 102 visa
  • Dependent Child subclass 445 visa

Parent Visa Applications – Outside Australia

The candidates who applied for Parent visas outside Australia, but were in the country on 24th March 2021, can get a visa if they meet all the visa requirements, during the COVID-19 concession period.

The categories of Visa included are:

  • Parent subclass 103 visa
  • Contributory Parent subclass 173 visa
  • Contributory Parent subclass 143 visa

Parent Visa Applications – In Australia

The candidates who applied for the Parent visas Perth, and we’re not in the country on 24th March 2021, can get the visa while they were outside Australia, provided they meet all the visa requirements, during the COVID-19 concession time.

The visas in this category include:

  • Aged Parent subclass 804 visa
  • Contributory Aged Parent subclass 864 visa

Bridging Visas For Parent And Contributory Parent

It is also essential for you to check whether you are eligible for getting the bridging visa related to:

  • Parent Subclass 103 Visa
  • Contributory Parent Subclass 143 Visa
  • Contributory Parent Temporary Subclass 173 Visa

You may get the Visa application approved during the period of COVID-19 concessions if you meet all the below-mentioned requirements:

  • You applied for the Parent or Contributory Parent visa before 24th March 2021
  • You were present in the country on 24th March 2021
  • Your visa application was lodged in Australia
  • Your visa application has not been finalized.

So, the bridging visa subclass will depend on the applicant’s circumstances at the time of applying for the Parent or Contributory Parent Visa.

If you filed a paper application for getting a Parent or Contributory Parent visa in the office outside Australia, you will not qualify for a bridging visa.

To apply for a bridging visa, you need to submit a completed Form 1005 to the WA Parent Visa Centre. Do not consider mailing this form. Form 1005 received by email is considered invalid. Know more by contacting immigration lawyers.

Substantive Visa

Also, if you had a substantive Visa at the time of submitting the visa application, you can apply and get a Bridging visa A – BVA – Subclass 010. But if you did not have a substantive visa at the time of applying for a Visa, you will not be getting a BVA. Then, you can check whether you can get a Bridging visa E – BVE – Subclass 050.

Sponsored Parent Temporary Subclass 870 Visas

If the Sponsored Parent Temporary subclass 870 Visa holder was outside Australia on 1st July 2021, your visa period is extended by 18 months automatically.

Australian Government is constantly monitoring all the Visa disruptions due to Covid 19. They keep adjusting various Visa aspects to benefit the people. Contact best immigration lawyers Perth to know about the latest updates.

REQUEST A QUOTE NOW! Complete the form below for a fast response

  • Immigration lawyers Perth have been brilliant in managing our complicated case. My husband and I were looking to settle in Australia together. So we approached Immigration Lawyers Perth for the processing of a partner visa(subclass 820). The team of visa lawyers here, genuinely listened to our problem and understood our concerns very easily. All the formalities and legal procedures were done by them with proper communication with us and we got our partner visa approved in a few days. I had complete faith in them from the very start, and they did not let us down. We are all very grateful for the quality of work that we have experienced, and benefited from, and would not hesitate to recommend their services. Thank You Immigration Lawyers Perth WA for helping us with our visa process

    Runia Nzounhenda
  • To me, Immigration Lawyers Perth is the best immigration firm in their field. My case was really complicated and without the exceptional help, support and service from Immigration Lawyers, I believe it would have been really difficult to get my application successful if I had to do it by myself or with other law firms. I am very much satisfied with their services and support. Highly recommended Immigration Lawyers Perth.

    Crystina Amanda
  • I came to search for Legal advice with a complicated application for visa 187. Immigration Lawyers Perth has been very straight forward, detail focused and well-oriented advisor to my case. I couldn’t be more happier and glad that I did terminate my former migration lawyer and looked for a more effective and professional immigration lawyer. Thank you for your great service.

    Kelsy Mendes
Immigration Lawyers Perth Wa Have Been Helping You Take Control Of Your Outcome.
Immigration Lawyers Perth Address
Copyright © Immigration Lawyers Perth.
All Rights Reserved
Enquire Now
Call Us Now